Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time to Blog

Here is a sample blog that answers the question:What parts of the book seem most believable or unbelievable? Why?
I have been reading, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

This book has many unbelievable parts. It is about these two girls who are children in Afghanistan, Mariam  and Laila. The unbelievable parts are that Mariam was forced to marry a much older man at the age of 15 years old. Her mother had died and her three step mothers didn't want her around. Her father did nothing to stop it. Laila who is much younger then Mariam, was about to leave Kahbol with her family when a bomb blew up her parents and her house. Mariam's husband finds her and rescues her. Laila is full of secrets and this causes her too to marry Rasheed Mariam's husband who must be sixty now. Laila is 14 in the story.  The believable part is that these two women are becoming friends. I know from my own life that adversity builds relationships. The story pulls you in and makes you part of the story.
 I am enjoying this book so much I think that the Kite Runner will be my next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment